Born Ibiyemi Ajakaiye a little over 20 years ago, Ibiyemi is a singer/songwriter with a special love for soul music and all its fusion possibilities.
Her musical influences include Mary j Blige, Lauryn Hill, Tracy Chapman, and the legendary Stevie Wonder.
Ibiyemi’s professional career began in 2003 even though she has been singing all her life. She has done back-up vocals on stage and in the studio for several artistes including Age Beeka.
She served as lead singer in a high profile band based in Abuja for over a year.
Also, as a solo artiste she has performed at numerous shows and concerts within Abuja. These include:
• 8th grade graduation ceremony, American international School, Abuja.3rd June 2004.
• American Independence Day cocktail, 4th July 2004.
• Miss Tourism 2005, 29th November 2005.
• The British Council Performance Poetry Night, 10th December 2005.
• The book Launch in commemoration of the 59th Birthday of Senator Ibrahim Mantu, Deputy Senate president, Nigeria. 16th February 2006.
• The pre- international novelty football match concert, Abuja at 30 celebrations. 15th December 2006
Ibiyemi loves to sing, read and hangout with new acquaintances.
She is the 8th child of 11 children (6boys and 5girls) born to Ambassador and Mrs. Ajakaiye of Mopa in Kogi state, Nigeria.
She is currently working on completing her debut album ‘love always wins’ while thrilling audiences with the radio singles ‘can you love me’, ’Don’t leave me’ and ‘Ma se bo se to’.